This article is all about polar bear drawing for kids. We are going to tell you how to draw a polar bear sketch. We have mentioned super simple step-by-step guide along with the images on each step so that you are able to draw a polar bear exactly in a way we do. So, let’s not waste any more time and see how we can draw a polar bear for kids. Once you’ve gone through all the steps you can also check out the polar bear drawing videos at the end of the article.
How to Draw a Polar Bear for Kids?
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 1 (WHITE PAPER)
- I am going to use a simple white paper for drawing. You can use colored-papers too but the reason why I prefer white paper is that the polar bear is white and so I do not have to make it white. All I need is a sketch pencil. That’s it!
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 2 (CHIN and MOUTH)
- I’ll start by drawing a polar bear chin and mouth which are probably quite simple. On a lighter note, it looks like a doggy-like mouth.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 3 (HEAD BOUNDARY)
- As you probably know that polar bear has got relatively longer neck and flat head. Therefore, you should draw its head to a point where it is quite visible. This step is about drawing the boundary of a polar bear head.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 4 (EYES and EYE COLOR)
- Polar bears have small eyes but they are all black. However, you’ll need to leave the middle of the eye white so that the bear doesn’t look blind at all.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 5 (POLAR BEAR NOSE)
- It’s now time to draw the polar bear nose which is probably one of the most significant polar bear adaptations. White bears have an excellent sense of smell and they rely on it more than any other sense to hunt its prey.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 6 (POLAR BEAR EARS)
- Followed by the polar bear eyes and nose, perhaps it’s time to draw its ears so the header portion of the animal reflects on the complete polar bear face.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 7 (BODY and LEGS)
- It’s about time to draw polar bear’s body and a rear leg. You can also dotted method to draw its body. All you need to do is to put some dots one after the other and then join them you’ll get the same result.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 8 (POLAR BEAR REAR LEG)
- In this step you’re going to have to draw the polar bear rear leg and its paw. This step is an extension of the step no. 7 in that you should join the rear leg with its body without taking off your pencil.
Polar Bear Drawing Step 9 (POLAR BEAR PAWS)
- Drawing a polar bear paw isn’t so difficult. All you have to do is to draw three stripes in a parallel fashion.
Polar Bear Drawing Step 10 (FRONT LEG FURS)
- In order to draw its front leg you’ll have to start from the back of the polar bear’s head. You’ll have probably noticed that the artist draws in a zigzag fashion. This is because the polar bears have furry coat and to give it a dense look, it should be drawn as such.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 11
- Now you’ll need to draw the polar bear front leg from top all the way down to its claws. There is one catch. You must end the polar bear claw where its paw (or rear leg) ends so that both its feet are on the same line. Alternatively, you can also draw a straight line below its feet to get its claws and paws on the same line.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 12
- Now join the polar bear’s front leg to its body by taking your pen upwards.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 13 (POLAR BEAR NECK)
- In order to draw a polar bear neck you’ll need to join its mouth to its front leg. But make its neck a little more furry and thick so that it looks visible.
Polar Bear Drawing Step 14 (LEFT FRONT LEG)
- As of now you have successfully drawn a two-legged polar bear but polar bears do not have two legs don’t they? Now you’ll draw its left front leg as well as its paw.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 15
- Draw the line between two front legs and the polar bear rear legs in order to give a complete shape to its body.
Polar Bear Drawing Step # 16
In the last step you’ll draw the polar bear’s left paw and leg. That’s it! CONGRATULATIONS, you have drawn a polar bear in a super simple way.
THE COMPLETE POLAR BEAR PICTURE
There you go! Here’s is a picture of a polar bear sketch.